Last week I wrote about a fast tracked way to earn World of Hyatt Explorist and Globalist status. At that time, a sales manager had to actually register you for the promotion. Fortunately though, it seems like the site is now publicly available where you can actually enroll yourself in this status match and challenge. The one caveat is that you must work for a company that qualifies. Although there is not a published list of companies that will actually be eligible, I have been told that any corporate traveler is eligible. All you have to do is enter your work email address and you should be enrolled.
After registering for the promotion, you’ll receive automatic Hyatt Explorist status for the next 90 days. You’ll then have the opportunity to maintain that status or even move up to Hyatt Globalist status, depending on the number of stays you complete.
- Explorist status challenge: Stay 10 nights within 90 days
- Globalist status challenge: Stay 20 nights within 90 days
If you are able to complete the challenge, your earned status will be valid through February 28, 2021. This will give you almost two years of this awesome status! This particular promotion goes through November 28, 2019, so you might want to plan accordingly when registering. If you do not have an upcoming Hyatt stay until this summer, for example, wait until then to enroll. Just keep in mind that it could take a few days for your registration to go through, so do not wait until the 11th hour before your stay.
You Will Not Earn Milestone Benefits
When you receive status through a match or challenge, you unfortunately do not earn all of the benefits that actually come with the status. With these milestone benefits you actually have to stay the required number of nights to earn the status. For example, when you stay 20 nights and 30 nights you’ll earn 2 club lounge awards (4 total). Earning Explorist status through the challenge also means you will not receive those awards to use on an upcoming stay. Same holds true for the suite night upgrades — you earn 2 when you stay 50 and 60 nights (4 total), and not by just having Globalist status.
Of course, having the status will still get you many benefits such as:
- Explorist benefits: 20% bonus on points earned, 2pm late checkout, upgrade to the best available room (excluding suites and based on availability), etc.
- Globalist benefits: 30% bonus on points earned, 4pm late checkout, upgrade to the best available room (including suites and based on availability, club lounge access, resort fees waived on paid rooms, 4pm late checkout, club lounge access, complimentary parking on a free night award, guest of honor access, etc.
Hyatt is by far my favorite hotel chain at the moment, despite having Marriott Titanium status for life! The benefits give my family real value and make us want to pick Hyatt every single time for our family vacations.
I am personally so glad to see this offer surface since I just lost my Hyatt status in February. We have already planned planned for my husband to earn Globalist status this year so this definitely helps! If you are a corporate traveler, this is a great opportunity to earn Explorist or Globalist status and enjoy the perks of Hyatt!
Have you been able to take advantage of this status match opportunity? Comment below!
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus points — 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, plus an additional 25,000 bonus points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
- Receive 5 stays towards status, plus 2 stays for every $5,000 spent on the card (no cap).
- Earn a free night certificate every year on your cardmember anniversary (valid for category 1-4 properties).
- $95 annual fee.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thank you for supporting Deals We Like and enjoy traveling on a deal!