I just received an email from IHG saying that they are fully revamping how the IHG PointBreak discounts will work going forward. In the past, select properties cost a fixed 5,000 points. Properties were typically the lower end properties, but definitely a discount for many that were able to take advantage.
Going forward, there will be double the amount of IHG properties available with the PointBreak discount. The big difference is that these properties will cost either 5,000, 10,000, or 15,000 points. You’ll also be able to book these properties using cash and points, not just full points.
The full list of PointBreak properties will be available Monday with a sneak peak available tomorrow, Friday. They will then be available for stays Monday January 29, 2018 through April 30, 2018. For now, here is a small sampling of properties that will be on the list.
- Holiday Inn® Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie (Malaysia) (5,000 points)
- InterContinental® Nairobi (Kenya) (10,000 points)
- Holiday Inn® San Antonio Northwest (US) (10,000 points)
- InterContinental® Cali (Colombia) (10,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Express® London – Newbury Park (UK) (10,000 points)
- InterContinental® Sao Paolo (Brazil) (15,000 points)
- Holiday Inn® Helsinki City Centre (Finland) (15,000 points)
- Crowne Plaza Berlin – Potsdamer Platz (Germany) (15,000 points)
Note that typically we hardly see any InterContinental properties on the list, so to see three in just the sampling is quite promising.