Marriott Bonvoys first every promotion starts today. Between March 19 and June 4, 2019, you will receive double points on all stays at both Marriott and legacy Starwood properties. My only gripe with this promotion is that you’ll only earn the points starting with your 2nd stay. And also, if you happen to be staying over the weekend and have one of the Marriott co-branded credit cards you’ll earn an additional 500 bonus points for your stay. You must register by May 21st — so do not forget!
How Many Marriott Bonvoy Points Will You Earn?
Typically, all Marriott members earn 10 points per eligible spend, which means with this promotion you’ll be looking at earning 20 points per dollar spent. For those with Marriott Bonvoy status, the double points earned is just on the base points, so it will not double the extra bonus you earn if you have status.
- Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 1 bonus with status = 21 total points per dollar spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 2.5 bonus with status = 22.5 total points per dollar spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 5 bonus with status = 25 total points per dollar spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 7.5 bonus with status = 27.5 total points per dollar spent
- Platinum Elite members earn a 50% bonus
Note that a few properties under the umbrella only earn 5 points per dollar spent, such as Element, Residence Inn, and TownPlace Suites, which means you’ll earn 10 points per dollars spent with this promotion, plus an extra points for having status.
I am glad to see Marriott finally launching a promotion. All of the other chain hotels are currently running some sort of offer, so it is about time Marriott offers something to their members, especially since the integration has been pretty awful for many folks. I also like a straight forward promotion like this.