Today marks the end of the 5-week Daily Getaways promotion. The last offer is the opportunity to purchase Hilton Honors points at 0.5 cents per point. While you can purchase points this low many times throughout the year, there are two advantages of purchasing points through this promotion:
- Purchases through Daily Getaways code as travel, so if you your Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Ink Preferred card you’ll earn 3x points on your purchase.
- The number of points purchased through Daily Getaways does not count towards your annual 100,000 point cap per account.
With this offer you can get:
- 100,000 points for $500; cost = .5 cents/point (275 available)
- 30,000 points for $150; cost = .5 cents/point (450 available)
- 250,000 points for $1,250; cost = .5 cents/point (236 available)
With these three packages you are purchasing points at .5 cents per point. This offer is good for some, but I definitely do not suggest purchasing points speculatively, especially with Hilton. I suggest checking out to see if the cost of purchasing points for a redemption is cheaper then paying cash at the hotel. And remember, if you have any status with Hilton you’ll receive your fifth night free on award redemption. This even extends to the no annual fee Hilton Honors Card from American Express. This makes the cost of purchasing points even less! (All of the Hilton Honors credit cards are also offering some great sign up offers).
I will personally be sitting this one out. I do not have a specific need for Hilton points and I am really not looking to collect more. But for those that have a specific need and the math works should definitely look into the deal. Just make sure to have your Hilton Honors number on you and be ready to buy at exactly 1pm ET today, June 4, 2019.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Card from American Express, please click here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always thank you for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal.