Today’s Daily Getaway promotion is offering the opportunity to purchase IHG Reward points at a decent discount. IHG Reward points can be used at any InterContinental Hotel Group brand which includes: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, hotel Indigo, EVENT hotels, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites, as well as Kimpton hotels.
With this offer you can get:
- 8,500 IHG Rewards Club Points for $50 (2,250 available); cost = .588 cents per point
- 15,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $89 (2,210 available); cost = .593 cents per point
- 25,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $149 (999 available); cost = .596 cents per point
- 50,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $290 (1,255 available); cost = .58 cents per point
- 100,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $580 (1,000 available); cost = .58 cents per point
- 130,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $749 (2,000 available); cost = .576 cents per point –> this is the cheapest price per point
With these six packages you are purchasing points between .576 and .596 cents per point. This is a decent offer since the cheapest you are able to purchase IHG points on a daily basis through a roundabout method is .7 cents per point. However, there are also times when IHG sells their points with a 100% bonus and during those sales you are purchasing points at possibly as low a .5 cents per point. So this Daily Getaways sale is almost on par with a 100% bonus on purchasing points, but you just do not have to wait for the sale to come around. The only difference is that when you purchase points you are maxed at 120,000 points per year. With this particular sale it does not go towards your maximum purchase limit, so you can actually take part in both offers.
However, like all point offers, I do not suggest purchasing speculatively. Programs can devalue and you do not want to be stuck with points that you ultimately do not need. With that being said, the IHG program devalued two years ago so I do not foresee a devaluation anytime soon, but you never know, especially with IHG!
The great thing about this offer is that there are a slew available! The pricing is comparable to last year, but there is more available. The past few years it took awhile for them to sell out, so if you want to get in on this offer you have a very good chance.
This deal will go on sale at 1pm EST TODAY Wednesday April 11 2018.