My personal favorite Amex Offers are the ones that are available through Twitter. This is because EVERYONE with a Twitter account is eligible and you can register multiple cards quickly and easily. With Twitter ALL cards are eligible, including authorized user cards, cards not found on your AmericanExpress.com account, Bluebird, and Serve.
To make your life easy, I suggest setting up a unique Twitter account for every American Express credit card you have. For example, here are a few of my Twitter accounts: BloomiesAmexJen, DeltaAmexJen, HiltonAmexJen, HiltonAmexAdam, MomAmexBusiness, MomAmexSPG (amongst many others!). As you can see these twitter accounts identify the Amex credit card along with the person in my household who owns the card. These are pretty boring Twitter accounts as they simply tweet out Amex Offers and that is it!
To get started:
- Create a Twitter account here. You will receive an email to confirm your account.
- Sync your American Express card to your Twitter account here. Make sure you are signed into the Twitter account that you want the card tied to. If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync.
- Create a new Twitter account and sync a different card for every American Express card you have. While this is annoying to set up for every Amex card, it is a one time thing and will be easy going forward. Remember, all Amex cards are eligible (minute prepaid and corporate cards), this includes for example, Amex cards with membership rewards (Blue, Gold, Platinum, etc.), co-branded Amex cards (Starwood, Delta, Hilton, Costco, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, JetBlue, etc.), as well as authorized user cards (so if you are the authorized user on your partners SPG card, both of you can register and take advantage, for example!).
- When a new Amex Offer comes out, Tweet the hashtag (ex: #AmexJCrew) for every account.
Simplify your life: I use an application called Tweet Deck that houses all of my Twitter accounts. If you are active in the Amex Offers space and have multiple Amex cards, I highly suggest it! Ultimately you can send one single tweet from all of your accounts!
- Sign in with your default Twitter username and password.
- Go to Settings > Accounts.
- Add all of your Twitter accounts.
- Send a new Tweet and select all of your added accounts – make sure there is a checkmark for all accounts (as you see in the screen shot below).
- In the Tweet box type in the Amex Offers Twitter hashtag (see screenshot below).
- Send this one Tweet and it will automatically be tweeted out from all the accounts selected. QUICK AND EASY!
I tweeted, now what?
- Once you Tweet the appropriate hashtag, make sure you are actually registered prior to making the purchase
- Click the “@Connet” button on the top of your Twitter page.
- Within a few minutes of Tweeting, you will receive an interaction from “@Amex Offers” saying “@dealswelike thx for enrolling in #AmexNewegg offer. Spend w/connected Card & receive credit.”
- If you DO NOT receive the confirmation you are not yet enrolled. Make sure to check that you Tweeted the correct hashtag.
- Also, many of these promotions are limited enrollment, so if the maximum has been met you will receive a message back saying “@dealswelike Sorry, max # of Cardmembers have enrolled in #AmexAmazon offer. Visit http://amex.co/faves for more offers” – if you get this message you unfortunately will not receive the statement credit as they hit the maximum capacity. This is why it is important to register for the promotion immediately.
To find out all the available Amex Offers via Twitter:
- Go to this American Express Twitter handle from time to time. Unfortunately though, they are many times late to the game with announcing already existing Amex Offers.
- Follow me on Twitter! Many times I am actually tweeting out the Amex Offers hashtag before Amex has it listed!
- Check out my “Amex Offers ” static page on the blog. This page is updated weekly and lists all of the Amex Offers including how you can register and the hashtag, if available.
- Use Sync Assist. Blogger Wandering Aramean created a tool where you can register your Twitter accounts and it will automatically Tweet out trending Amex Offers for you. It is free for your first Twitter account, and then a paid membership if you’d like to register any additional accounts – which is $15 total for the year. Well worth it if you like to take advantage of the Amex Offers but do not like keeping up to date on registering for them! Keep in mind though that there is no guarantee that this tool will register you for the promotion the minute the offer is released and some offers have met maximum enrollment by 9am ET (although it is rare). There is no harm in having two sets of eyes signing you up for the offers. Worst case scenario Twitter says you are already enrolled and you are good to go!
Enjoy your free money and let me know if you have any questions! You can search for all the current Amex Offers here.