If you are looking to purchase anything from the Apple store, today is the day. Six different online shopping portals are offering bonus points by going through their site first prior to making the purchase. This means the new iPhone you are looking at could earn you thousands of points and miles.
Bonus Points Earned:
- Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping Site: 8x miles per dollar spent
- American AAdvantage eShopping Site: 6x miles per dollar spent
- Delta SkyMiles Shopping Site: 4x miles per dollar spent
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping Site: 4x points per dollar spent
- United MileagePlus Shopping Site: 8x miles per dollar spent
- Upromise Shopping Site: 6% cash back
If you are loyalty program agnostic, definitely use the Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping Site. While United is offering the same bonus, earning Alaska miles is much harder and using the shopping portals is an easy way to increase your balance. Or, if you are trying to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, use the Southwest shopping portal.
Going through an online shopping portal is extremely easy and only takes an extra minute of your time. If that. Just go to the site first, type in Apple, and you’ll be brought directly to the Apple store online. You’ll then make your purchase as if you had gone straight to Apple.com first.
This is a quick and easy way to increase your loyalty program balances to eventually redeem for free flights. Of course, that is if you were going to make a purchase anyways.