This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I initially posted about the American Express / Twitter partnership happening where many items will be sold at a discount. The sale starts today at noon, so right now!
The sale includes these items:
- $149 Amazon Kindle Fire HD (assuming the 16GB version, this is typically $199 on Amazon). Description states: Get a stunning entertainment experience at your fingertips with the Kindle Fire HD. The advanced Kindle Fire HD 7″ tablet delivers rich color and deep contrast from every angle. Featuring custom Dolby audio, dual-driver stereo speakers and auto-optimization software, it delivers clear, crisp, balanced sound. Uses state-of-the-art dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) technology for fast streaming and download speeds.
- Twitter hashtag #1: #BuyKindleFireHD
- Twitter hashtag: #2: #ConfirmKindleFireHD
- $179 Sony Action Cam and waterproof headband mount (currently I see the cam going for $179.99 at Sony.com and the headband mount for about $28.99). Description: Capture every gritty moment of hardcore, gravity-defying action in full high definition with Sony’s Action Cam Pack (HDRAS10GM) containing an Action Cam (HDR-AS10/B) & Waterproof Headband Mount (VCT-GM1)
- Twitter hashtag #1: #BuyActionCamPack
- Twitter hashtag: #2:
- $80 Urban Zen bracelet designed by Donna Karan (seems like there are a few bracelets in Donna Karan’s collection, so no idea which one will be sold and what the retail cost would be). Description states: Designed by Donna Karan and created by skilled Haitian Artisans, Urban Zen presents a uniquely crafted, sustainable horn bracelet on textured, hand-waxed cotton cord, presented in a repurposed cotton pouch.
- Twitter hashtag #1: #BuyUrbanZenBracelet
- Twitter hashtag #2: #ConfirmUrbanZenBracelet
- $179 Microsoft Xbox 360 (including a 3-month Xbox Liv subscription, two game tokens and a $29 Xbox controller)(since I have no idea the GB size that will be sold, it is hard to compare, but a 4GB goes for $179 without the extra stuff, and a 250GB console sells for $299). Description states: Just $179.99, regularly $240; The biggest blockbusters and exclusives: With built in Wi-Fi, take your Xbox 360 online to watch instant HD movies, TV shows and more; Play games online with friends wherever they are
- Twitter hashtag #1: #BuyXbox360Bundle
- Twitter hashtag #2: #ConfirmXbox360Bundle
Each deal has a different hashtag (listed above with each item). You first must tweet the 1st hashtag listed (the “buy” code) and within a few seconds will receive a confirmation from American Express (check your “Connect” tab for this confirmation). It will then tell you that you have 15 minutes to tweet the 2nd hashtag (the “confirm” code). You will then receive a message stating that you’ve been registered and should also receive a confirmation email.
If you have yet to use the Amex/Twitter sync promotions, you will first need sync your American Express credit card to Twitter. Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter here.
Additionally, if you have synced it before, you might get a link from American Express which requires you to add some more information. If you are required to do this, quickly update your info and re-tweet the #1 hashtag. If it will not let you re-tweet the same hashtag, you might need to go to the “Me” tab and delete your original tweet.
REMEMBER, YOU MUST HAVE AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD TO PARTAKE. All items will be processed by American Express and will be send using free 2-day shipping. Also, keep in mind that the current going price I noted above for each item was done via a quick google search, so you might be able to find a better price elsewhere. These prices include tax which allow you to get an even better saving.
This promotion goes till March 3rd, but my sense is they will sell out soon before that, probably by end of day.
You can learn more about this promotion by watching this YouTube video by American Express.