This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
National Car Rental just announced their “One Two Free” promotion, where Emerald Club members earn a free rental certificate for every two qualifying rentals between August 20, 2014 and January 31, 2015. A qualifying rental consists of a paid rental of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days. You MUST register for this promotion prior to making any reservations – that means if you have any existing rentals you must cancel and re-book. If you are not currently a National Car Rental Emerald Club member, you will need to first join the program (which is free) and you will automatically be entered into the promotion.
Each qualifying car rental completed during the “One Two Free” promotion is worth 300 points, with a free day awarded once an Emerald Club member earns 600 points. Additional bonus points can be earned through both rental and non-rental activities, including:
- Renting any size vehicle in Mexico (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion of a rental)
- Adding a GPS to a car rental (one-time bonus of 250 points upon completion of a rental)
- Adding the Fuel Service Option to a car rental to pre-pay for a tank of gas (one-time bonus of 250 points upon completion of a rental)
- Referring up to 10 friends to join the Emerald Club and “One Two Free” promotion (300 points per referred individual upon completion of a rental)
- Downloading National’s mobile app (one-time bonus of 25 points), and using it to book up to four rentals (75 points per completed rental)
- Utilizing Facebook social sign-in to connect to National’s “One Two Free” promotion site (one-time bonus of 50 points)
- Participating in the Emerald Reserve service – for members who require a specific car class, such as a convertible, SUV, minivan, etc. – at Emerald Aisle locations (one-time bonus of 25 points upon completion of a rental)
Free rental day certificates will be emailed to the email address provided at the time of reservation within 48 hours of earning your second rental. Additionally, free rental days are non-transferable. You can look up more FAQs about the promotion here.
National Car Rental has also added a referral component to this promotion. You are able to refer your friends and if they sign up for the Emerald Club program (which is free) from your referral via email, Facebook, or Twitter. Participating members receive 300 bonus points when a referred friend becomes an Emerald Club members, registers for the promotion and completes a qualifying rental by January 31, 2015. My referral link here, but feel free to leave yours in the comments section.
National Car Rental will also match your Avis, Hertz, and US Airways status (click here to request a status match):
- Avis Preferred First, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, and US Airways Platinum Preferred = Emerald Club Executive
- Avis President’s Club, Avis Chairman’s Club, Hertz #1 Club Gold President’s Circle, and US Airways Chairman’s Preferred = Emerald Club Executive Elite
Enjoy racking up your free rental certificates! You can use up to three certificates per rental.