This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE It looks like Amazon pulled this offer early. BUT, there is another offer that will give you $10 off a purchase using the same method below. The promotion code is SWP15CH10D.
You can get $15 off a $15 or more purchase at Amazon.com by linking your Chase Ultimate Rewards account and using your points for the purchase. While using points is typically a bad redemption, you only need to use 1 point to qualify which is awesome. And while this is a great offer to get $15 for free, it might be targeted, so you’ll have to see if it works for you!
The only caveat is that the item you are purchasing must be sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com to qualify. The good news through is that many gift cards to other merchants qualify! You can check all the gift cards sold by Amazon here. This offer is valid through December 6, 2015.
Amazon.com has ran many similar promotions in the past and it has allowed for me to get many free items at Amazon!
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your Chase Ultimate Rewards card here
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $15 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Remember, merchant gift card purchases work!
- On the Payment page, select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP15CH15D. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $15 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
Note Targeted? Contact Amazon Customer Service!
These type of promotions are extremely common, and most of the time I’ve been able to get Amazon customer service to manually put the promotion code through if I wasn’t targeted.
You can initiate a customer service chat by going to this Amazon page. Select the “Something Else” tab, “Promotions and deals” from the drop down menu, and click “Chat”.
You can tell the customer service rep: “I have my Chase Ultimate Rewards account linked to my amazon account and I am trying to use a promotion code for paying with my points. The promotion code is SWP15CH15D. It keeps on telling me the offer isn’t valid.” After about 5 minutes, I placed my order, and as a one time exception the customer service rep manually adjusted the price by $15.
Now, I do not know if this will work for those who DO NOT have a Chase Ultimate Rewards account linked. You can always try, but the real intent for this promotion was to get people to start paying for Amazon.com purchases with loyalty points. You can shop at Amazon.com here.
Enjoy your $15 to Amazon!