This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
For those that have a Discover credit card, you can receive $15 off at Amazon when purchasing at least $15. To receive the $15 in free items, you’ll just need to select products shipped and sold by Amazon (third party purchases unfortunately will not qualify). You also will need to pay for part of your order with Discover points, but the beauty of this is that you only need to redeem 1 point to qualify!
Also, only those that have never used the Discover Cashback Bonus are eligible, but sometimes involving customer service can help as they might be able to manually credit the $15 back to your Amazon account. This promotion actually runs through December 31, 2016!
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your eligible Discover to your Amazon.com account here.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $15 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Many merchant gift cards work as well, so you can go ahead and search for merchant gift cards here.
- On the payment page, select your Discover credit card that was just linked. Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I suggest entering just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code DISC16EVER.
- You will see the $5 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $15 free at Amazon!