This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Hilton has two co-branded American Express credit cards where their bonus offers fluctuate quite often! While I have listed the sign up offers below, I also want to point out the benefits and perks that always exist with these two cards, regardless of the offer.
So here are the top 6 reasons why I like this card.
- Receive statement credits with Amex Offers. You can take advantage of the many Amex Offers that I write about with both of these Hilton cards. If you have both, for example, then you can sync them to separate Twitter accounts and take advantage on each card. I’ve found that many times the money I get back as a statement credit throughout the year surpasses the annual fee paid (if there is an annual fee). This means not only is the annual fee then covered, I also make money on top of it. With the no annual fee Hilton card, all statement credits are pure profit! You can learn more about making money on your Hilton cards here.
- Get free additional card holders. The biggest perk of this is that additional cards under the same account are treated as two separate accounts for Amex Offers. This means that for offers, you can take advantage of the offer for both the primary card and all additional cards on the account. I love that all additional authorized cards comes with no annual fee and can still earn statement credits. This ultimately allows you to “make” money by making purchases you’d make anyways!
- Earn status faster. If you are trying to earn Hilton status, having the credit card will automatically give it to you! The no annual fee comes with automatic Silver status while the annual fee card (Surpass card) comes with automatic Gold status. Both statuses will give you your 5th night free when using points for a free night award. Additionally, Gold status is one of the best mid-level tiers amongst all the loyalty chains. With Gold status you receive complimentary breakfast and the possibility of lounge access. Although recently, Hilton has made it very easy to earn status with a status match.
- Spend a lot and get an even higher Hilton status. If you spend $20,000 in a calendar year on the no annual fee card, you’ll earn Gold status. If you spend $40,000 in a calendar year on the annual fee card (Surpass card), you’ll earn Diamond status. Diamond status gets you complimentary lounge access, if there is a lounge at the hotel.
- Receive protection on many purchases. In my opinion, Amex has one of the best protection benefits when it comes to buying products. If within 90 days from the date of purchase a merchant will not take back an item, you can get a refund for the purchase price from American Express. This is valid for primary cardholders as well as any additional cardmembers on the account. They make the process extremely easy where you fill out a quick form online and typically hear back within a few days. This has come in extremely handy when purchasing final sale items (which I do often from Zulily.com). In my experience, they typically let you keep the item as well. This benefit is for all Amex credit cards. You can learn more about this benefit here.
- Get extended warranty protection. With both the personal and business card (along with all other American Express credit cards), you can get up to a one year extension on a manufacturer’s warranty when you use your Amex credit card to make the purchase. This is for certain purchases and only valid for warranty’s that are under 5 years to begin with. Essentially Amex will double the warranty up to an extra year. So if the warranty is 6 months, for example, you’ll receive an additional 6 months. If it is a 2 year warranty, for example, you’ll receive an additional year. The coverage is up to $10,000 per item and $50,000 per cardmember account per calendar year.
Overall, there are many benefits that come with holding one or both of these cards. Some are benefits that are standard amongst all American Express credit cards, while some are specific to just the Hilton card.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. My goal is for you to travel on a deal! As always, thanks for your support!