This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Back in May, JetBlue announced a status match and status challenge opportunity for those looking for a quick and easy way to earn JetBlue Mosaic status. Originally, to apply for the match or status you had to do so by May 31, 2016. Fortunately though, this offer has been extended until June 30, 2016! That means for those of you who forgot to submit your information, there is still time! Here are the two options:
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Challenge – Earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points within 90 days and you’ll qualify for Mosaic status through December 31, 2017!
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Match – If you already have status on another airline, you will get automatic Mosaic status through the rest of 2016. Current status includes:
- Alaska Airlines: Mileage PlanTM MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75k
- American Airlines: AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum
- Delta: SkyMiles Medallion Gold, Platinum or Diamond
- Southwest: Rapid Rewards A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United: MileagePlus Premier Gold, Platinum or Premier1K
- US Airways: Dividend Miles Preferred Gold, Platinum or Chairman
Steps to take advantage:
- For the status match: By June 30, 2016, upload your proof of status for one of the above loyalty programs. Acceptable proof includes a copy of your statement or current credentials card and within two weeks you’ll receive an email stating that you’ve been enrolled.
- Also, if you are able to earn 3,750 base flight points within 90 days of when your match begins (once you’ve receive the acceptance email) and you can then maintain your status through the end of 2017. If you are not able to earn those base points, your status will be valid through the end of 2016.
- For the status challenge: Also by June 30, 2016, sign up for the challenge and once you’ve receive the acceptance email, earn 3,750 base points within 90 days. Your status will then be valid through the end of 2017.
How do I earn 3,750 base flight points?
Base flight points are the 3 points per $1 you earn on the base fare of your JetBlue flight purchase. JetBlue does not calculate points based on mileage flown, but instead the dollar value of your flight. This means you must spend $1,250 on JetBlue flights during the 90 day time period. Unfortunately, bonus points, partner points, and booking bonuses will not count.
What does Mosaic status get me?
While Mosaic status isn’t nearly as good as having status on some other airlines, it still will get you something. My favorite perk of the program is that change and cancellation fees are waived for Mosaic members and others on the itinerary. You’ll also earn an additional 3 TrueBlue points per dollar on your JetBlue flight, for a total of up to 9 points per dollar if you book on jetblue.com. And you’ll also get another checked bag for free, so instead of one free checked bag you’ll get two free checked bags. You can learn more about Mosaic status here.
With Mosaic status you also earn 15,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points. It states on the page that this is a perk, but unfortunately if you earn status through a match, you will NOT earn these bonus points. However, you will earn the points if you are able to option status through a challenge.
I was able to get the JetBlue status match simply by having the Southwest Companion Pass. My proof was taking a picture of my pass and uploading it to the JetBlue site. I personally couldn’t find anywhere on the Southwest site stating that I was a companion pass holder. I submitted my information on May 31st and a few hours later I received confirmation that my match was approved! While the terms state that it will take two weeks, in both mine and my husbands experience we received the matched email within a few hours.
If you have status you might as well go ahead and get Mosaic status as you never know when it will come in handy.