This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Last week I wrote about a pretty awesome promotion for Hyatt card members looking for a faster way to earn Hyatt Explorist or Globalist status. Related blog post. With this promotion, if you stay the required number of nights detailed below between September 1 and December 30, 2017, you’ll earn the designated status through February 2019:
- Explorist status: Complete 10 nights (typically this status requires 30 nights)
- Globalist status: Complete 20 nights (typically this status requires 60 nights)
While both statues have some great perks (which you can check out here) some are actually available only for those that hit a certain number of nights with Hyatt hotels, not actually those that earn status. That means if you earn status through some sort of promotion, you will not receive every single perk of having status.
This means if you earn status through this promotion, you will NOT earn the following benefits:
- Suite upgrade awards – you will only receive this IF you stay 60 nights or earn 100,000 base points within a calendar year
- Category 1-4 free night award – this free night will only be awarded once you stay 30 nights or earn 50,000 base points within a calendar year
- Categoty 1-7 free night award – this free night will only be awarded once you stay 60 nights or earn 100,000 base points within a calendar year
- My Hyatt Concierge agent – access to a personal agent that will help you with reservations and other services needed will only be granted once you stay 60 nights or earn 100,00 base points within a calendar year
While you won’t earn the above perks unless you stay the minimum number of nights required or earn the minimum number of base points, there still are some great benefits you will still get by earning Explorist or Globalist status with this promotion. While you can check out all of the benefits here, I’ve listed some of my favorite benefits below.
- Resort fees are waived on paid nights for Globalist members (everyone else gets resort fees waived on just free nights using points)
- 2pm late check out for Explorist members and 4pm late check out for Gloablist
- Explorist members will receive an upgrade to the best room available (excluding suites), while Globalist members will receive an upgrade that can include a suite
- Explorist members receive 4 Club lounge passes that can be used, while Globalist members receive unlimited access to the Club lounge
- Globalist receive complimentary parking on free night awards (when you can charge the parking to the hotel – not when it is a 3rd party parking garage)
- Gold M Life status at MGM Resorts
- Globalists can share their status with friends and family members when you use your points to book them a reservation
Will you be taking advantage of this fast track status opportunity?