This week with Staples you can walk away with some free items, while making money and getting free points/miles.
Free after rebate items:
- Hammermill 8.5″ x 11″ CopyPlus copy paper (500 sheets): $6.99 – $6.99 easy rebate = FREE (limited to 2 per household)
- Staples photo plus 4″ x 6″ paper, gloss (60 pack): $9.99 – $9.99 easy rebate = FREE (limited to 2 per household)
Making money item:
- Get a $15 Visa prepaid card when you buy $150 or more in Visa prepaid cards, after easy rebate (limited to 1 per household)
All items are valid March 3 – March 9. It seems as though all of these easy rebates are only valid for in-store purchases, so you will need to pay local tax (for my calculations, I am not including tax since they vary from state to state). Also, remember that prepaid cards have additional purchase fees associated with them, a $150 one will cost you an additional $6.95.
So this means you’ll spend a total of $190.91 (2 reams of paper = $13.98; 2 photo plus packs = $19.98; Prepaid visa = $150 + 6.95 fee = $156.95). Ultimately, after your rebates and Visa Prepaid cards, you’ll walk away with $198.96, so a money making opportunity of $8.05. Very minimal, but still something.
Now, where the real opportunity comes into place is when you use your Chase Ink Bold or Chase Ink Plus credit card. You earn 5x points at all Office Supply stores, which includes Staples. So since you are spending $190.91 out of pocket, you’ll earn 955 Chase Ultimate Reward points. If you value them at 2 cents per point, that equals about $20.
Lastly, if you are a Staples Rewards members, you’ll earn 10% back in rewards on all case and ream paper. The Hammermill item definitely qualifies, but I am not 100% sure on the photo paper. Assuming, it is just the ream of paper, you will earn $1.40 back in Staples Rewards to use towards a future purchase. If both items qualify, this will give you $3.40 back in Staples Rewards.
At the end of the day you’ll end up with:
- 2 reams of 500 sheet Hammermill paper
- 2 boxes of 60 photo paper
- A profit of $8.05 (and you can get rid of your Visa gift cards via Amazon payments)
- 955 Chase Ultimate Reward points
- $1.40 or $3.40 back in Staples Rewards (for Staples Rewards members, free and easy to sign up for)
Get a $15 Visa® prepaid card when you buy $150 or more in Visa® prepaid cards