This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is a quick reminder that Amazon Payments as we know it is ending October 12, 2014 (related post). If you already are in the know with Amazon Payments, no need to read further, just remember to send your $1,000 today! You can then another $1,000 tomorrow.
For those new-ish to Amazon Payments, you are able to send up to $1,000/month to a friend/family member via credit card for FREE! This is a great way to accrue points/miles and and meet minimum spend requirements. For example, I got the Delta credit card last month and will be sending $1,000 to Mr. Deals today to meet the $1,000 minimum spend requirement. It is very simple and easy. Since you can send $1,000 per month you have two more chances to do this – September and October.
If you are not yet registered with Amazon Payments, here are the quick steps to go about this to get in the last $2,000 free spend possibility. You can also set up a triage with Person A sending to Person B, then Person B sending to Person C, then Person C sending back to Person A. In the past Amazon Payments have shut down accounts where Person A sends to Person B and Person B sends back to Person A. Also, using a credit card that does not match the name of the Amazon Payments account could also get you shut down. But since the end is near you could always give it a try if that is your only option.
- Go to Amazon Payments. You can also sign in with your regular Amazon.com account log in information.
- Set up an account.
- Activate the “Send Money Online” option.
- Verify your email and enter both your credit card and bank account information. After all information is verified you are ready to send money!
- You will then need to enter the email address and amount to send. Make sure “Goods/Services” is selected (and NOT “Cash Advance”).
- In the drop-down menu select the credit card you want to use. It can be the one you entered originally when you set up your account, or you can select the “Add a credit card” link to add another card for this transaction.
- After confirming your transaction the payment will go to the person you sent it to within a few minutes. Just make sure the person you sent it to also has Amazon Payments! If they don’t it won’t let you send the money and will tell you immediately during the process.
- The person who receives the money can then withdraw the money either to a bank account or amazon.com gift card.
Let me know if you have any questions! I am sad to see this option go, but am glad it lasted as long as it did.