This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
For awhile now, there has been a publicly available offer for the Marriott Premier credit card giving you 70,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements. For whatever reason, it was not really really publicized on Marriott’s website and you’d see an inferior 50,000 offer mentioned. A few weeks ago, however, I noticed that this offer was no longer available and the landing page showed this:
Well I did a little digging and found another link for the 70,000 point offer. However, this one is only available to those who have Marriott elite status – Silver, Gold, or Platinum. To see if you are eligible it forces you to sign into your Marriott account and if you do not have status, it shows you a lower 50,000 point offer.
So here are the two currently currently available offers for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card:
- Offer #1: Earn 70,000 points after spending $2,000 on the card within the fist three months. This offer, however, is only available to those with elite status only – Silver, Gold, or Platinum. Application link.
- Offer #2: Earn 50,000 points after spending $1,000 on the card within the first three months. Available to everyone and has a lower minimum spend requirement. However, if you have elite status you are better offer going with offer #1 as getting 20,000 more points for the little extra spend is worth it in my opinion. Application link.
Now, the good thing about both these offers is as long as you aren’t an existing card member and haven’t received a similar sign up offer in the past 24 months you are eligible. So, for example, if you got a 50,000 point sign up offer 3 years ago, for example, per the terms of this offer you are eligible to receive the sign up offer again. With the prior 70,000 point offer this wasn’t the case and even if you received a similar offer 4 years ago, for instance, you were still not eligible, so this is the one benefit of the new offer.
Both offers give you the exact same card benefits:
- Earn 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-4 location after account approval
- Receive 1 additional free night stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $85
- For every $1 spent, earn 5 points at 3,800 Marriott locations, 2 points on airline ticket purchases directly with airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point elsewhere
- Achieve Elite Status Faster with Annual Credit & Everyday Purchases – 15 Elite Credits after account approval and every year after your account anniversary
- Unlimited Point Accumulation
- No Foreign Transaction Fees and global Chip and Signature technology
Also, the initial category 1-4 free night and annual category 1-5 free night expire 6 months after it is earned. Although, I’ve been able to get it extended many times by just calling Marriott Rewards!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links only for Offer #2. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!