You can get $10 off a $10 or more purchase at Amazon.com by linking a participating loyalty program and using your points for the purchase. While using points is typically a bad redemption, you only need to use 1 point to qualify which is awesome. While $10 to Amazon.com is a great offer, it is unfortunately targeted so it may or may not work for your account. I have access to three Amazon.com accounts and only one was eligible.
The only caveat is that the item you are purchasing must be sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com to qualify. The good news through is that many gift cards to other merchants qualify! You can check all the gift cards sold by Amazon here. This offer is valid through January 12, 2015.
Amazon.com ran a similar promotion back in November, but it was only for using your American Express Membership Rewards points. This promotion is for all points that can be linked to your Amazon.com account.
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $10 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Remember, merchant gift card purchases work!
- On the payment page, enter your affiliated loyalty programs credit card.
- Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP10HOL. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $10 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $10 free at Amazon!