This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
If you are sitting on many Club Carlson points, I highly suggest looking into future reservations and booking them by the end of the month. This is because starting June 1, two changes are taking place:
- The Club Carlson credit card benefit where you will get a free night on EVERY point reservation of 2 or more nights is going away. Related blog post
- MANY properties are going up in the number of points required for a free night – some costing an additional 20,000 points! Related blog post
I am personally sitting on a bunch of Club Carlson points (along with my husband and my parents), so are all maximizing our points by making reservations now. While some are speculative reservations that we are not 100% sure if we are going to actually keep, we are better off making them now and canceling later on if need be. From my understanding though, you will not be able to lock in the current price if you need to change a reservation.
Here is a list of a few properties to consider:
- Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa (although this property is in the process of being sold, so who knows what will happen to those reservations – any insiders scoop is welcome!)
- Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Philadelphia
- Radisson Hotel Martinique New York-Broadway
- Radisson Austin Hotel Downtown
- Radisson Blu Mall of America
- Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, Melbourne, Florida
- Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast (close to Sesame Place for anyone with children!)
- Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration (close to Disney with free shuttle)
- Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando (close to Disney with free shuttle)
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Lake George, NY (close to Lake George and across the street from mini golf and an amusement park – great location for anyone with children!)
International (there are many properties in each city, so I just have the city listed instead of every property)
- Reykjavik, Iceland
- Lucerne, Switzerland
- Cape Town
Of course there are MANY more properties then the ones listed above, but this is a good sampling. As of right now, I already have rooms booked for Aruba, Reykjavik, and Amsterdam. I’ll probably also book one more European vacations (with a high chance of it being cancelled) to possibly Budapest and Prague. Many hotels allow reservations well into 2017, so you can always book now and think about it later.
If you’ve stayed at any Club Carlson properties that you’d recommend (or advise to stay far away from!) please leave them in the comments below. I will be putting a post together later today on ways to fully maximize the Club Carlson free night benefit.
BOOK YOUR ROOMS BY MAY 31, 2015!