This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Hyatt just brought back a status challenge for those looking to earn Platinum or Diamond status. It is very straight forward and open to everyone – there is no requirement where you need to have status with another hotel loyalty program which is quite nice!
- To earn Platinum status: Stay 6 nights within 60 days
- To earn Diamond status: Stay 12 nights within 60 days
For those with many upcoming Hyatt stays, I highly recommend planning in advance to see if you’ll hit the 12 nights within 60 days. If so, I suggest calling the day prior to your first stay since the 60 days starts immediately upon registering. You can register by calling Hyatt directly (1800-323-7249).
Some things to know:
- You can register for this challenge at any point between now and April 30, 2016
- Once you earn status (either Platinum or Diamond), you’ll maintain that status until February 28, 2017
- If you already have Platinum status, you can still register for the Diamond challenge
- You will not be given the four suite upgrade certificates until after you earn Diamond status (this is a change from last years challenge were you received them immediately)
- You will not be given immediate Platinum or Diamond status until you reach the required nights (again, this is a change form last years challenge where you received Diamond status immediately)
Personally, I wouldn’t go out of my way to earn Platinum status, although if you happen to be staying at a Hyatt hotel you might as well. Diamond status, on the other hand, is great and definitely well worth it! With Diamond status you’ll get a 30% bonus on all points earned, 4pm late checkout, and lounge access (or full breakfast if there is no club lounge).
Remember, this is also a pretty decent Hyatt summer promotion going on as we speak, so that can help you earn a ton of points while going through this “challenge”.