For the past few months I wrote about the IHG Postcard Promotion where you could earn a minimum of 47,000 IHG points for approx $50. I know many readers fully took advantage of this promotion and earned a ton of points! While the IHG promotion has ended, I wanted to tell you about a new offer where instead of earning points towards free travel, you’ll earn gift cards to use at Victoria’s Secret. While not even close to travel related, I figured you might as well keep the carpal tunnel going.
Victoria’s Secret Postcard Deal
With this promotion you’ll receive one gift card worth anywhere between $10 and $500 with every mail-in entry. The major caveat and difference from the IHG promotion is that you are only allowed one mail-in entry per day – you cannot just send in all your postcards at once. They will go by postmark date. This can definitely be a pain in the a$$, but could definitely be worth it. All secret rewards cards will have either $10, $20, $50, $100, or $500!
For most people, this promotion runs February 25 through March 28. If you have an Angel credit card or are a Pink Nation person, the entry period already started. This means you have a total of 28 days to enter. At a minimum of $10 gift card per entry that equals at least $280. In the past, I actually won one gift card worth $100! You can read the full terms here.
Filling Out and Sending In Entry Form:
- On the 4 x 6 piece of paper, handwrite the following information:
- Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Date and Year of Birth
- For the envelope it must be handwritten. Do not use labels or put it through your printer. The mailing address is:
- Victoria’s Secret Secret Reward Promotion, P.O. Box 139024, Dallas, TX 75313
- In the entry envelope, you must also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient return postage AND a return address. Make sure the self-addressed envelope includes your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code. If you are in Vermont, you can omit the return postage for the included self-addressed envelope.
- Every envelope can only contain one 4 x 6 entry card. This means you must write out and send in 28 separate envelopes.
- While you can write them all now, DO NOT mail them in until February 25 and make sure you only put one envelope in the mail box a day (prior to the mail being picked up). Remember, no postmarks on Sunday so do not put one in the mailbox on Sundays!
- Once your entry is received, you will receive one Secret Reward Card via postal mail in approximately fifteen business days.
- You are also limited to ONE PER HOUSEHOLD. So unfortunately you cannot take advantage of this promotion for multiple people within the same household. See if you can use a neighbors address!
What to Purchase
- Purchase at least 28 4×6 notecards. Note that this is a different size then the ones required for the IHG promotion. You can also cut paper to make your cost a little less, but that is quite tedious in my opinion. They are very strict on notecard size, so make sure to purchase 4×6 notecards, nothing bigger or smaller. I personally purchased these ones on Amazon – while this is way more then I need, I plan on doing this for a few different family members.
- Purchase at least 56 envelopes. I’ve read a few reports that they need to be #10 envelopes, but I cannot find anything in the terms about that. I purchased these ones on Amazon for $6.99. The reason that you need 56 envelopes is that you need to include a self addressed stamped envelope in every mail-in entry.
- Purchase 56 stamps. This will cost you $27.44. Again, each entry needs two stamps – one to mail the envelope and one to put on the self addressed stamped envelope inside the entry envelope. Using a Chase Ink card at an office supply store will get you 5x points on this purchase!
Redeeming Your Secret Rewards Card
While your Secret Rewards Card act similar to a gift card, there are some differences. First off, they are not valid for redemption until March 29, 2016. You can check your winnings either in-store or online. You can then redeem the gift cards between April 1-31. Technically you are only allowed to use one gift card per transaction, but some store managers bend the rules a little bit and allow multiple gift cards to be used as long as there is one per item purchased. This is where you need to be strategic with your purchase and doesn’t allow you to always fully maximize your purchase.
This will take slightly more effort then the IHG promotion as you must HANDWRITE everything! Additionally, it is double the work as you must include a self-addressed stamped envelope. With that being said, each entry will cost you approximately $1 and you are guaranteed a minimum of $10 to use at Victoria’s Secret. This means for about $28 you can walk away with at least $280 worth of clothing/merchandise.