This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Earlier this year, I wrote about a new American Express credit card coming to town – the SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express. It is very similar to the existing SimplyCash card (non-Plus version), but will allow big spenders to earn even more points! At the time of writing that post, the SimplyCash Plus card was only being offered to select customers. But I am happy to announce that this card is now available to everyone!
- SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express: Special Offer: Earn up to $500 cash back –> Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card membership. No annual fee. *Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees
Earning points with this card…
Similar to the existing version of the card, you’ll still earn points in the following manner:
- 5% cash back at US office supply stores and wireless phone services purchased directly from U.S. wireless providers.
- 3% cash back at a category of your choice.
- Airfare purchased from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers —> this is a new category only for the SimplyCash Plus card
- 1% cash back on all other purchases and after you hit the spend threshold on the bonus categories
With this card you are capped at earning the 5% and 3% cash back on purchases up to $50,000 per calendar year. This is a very generous cap, while the non-Plus version is capped at $25,000. The cap is on a yearly basis and after that you earn 1% cash back on on those category purchases. For the regular user, this is not a huge advantage, but if you are a big spender, these extra points can add up big time!
- Access to the American Express OPEN Savings program. I wrote about this more here, but essentially you can get 5% as a statement credit at participating merchants, i.e., Hertz. There are stipulations to each program, so make sure to look at the prior post about the certain caveats. If you were to rent Hertz card often, for example, and selected the 3% cash back on car rentals, this would end up giving you 8% cash back.
- Receive statement credits with Amex Offers. Since this is an American Express credit card, you’ll be eligible to take advantage of more American Express offers. This means you can earn statement credits at many popular merchants with a credit card that doesn’t have an annual fee! If you partake in these offers then you are already ahead.
I am always glad to see more credit card options and offers added to the mix, especially when they carry no annual fee! I am also not surprised by the current bonus. This has been the norm for the non-Plus version of the card and I expected the Plus version to cary the same offer.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!