Hilton is now allowing you to pool your points with up to 10 friends or family members for FREE! This means you can easily share points to redeem for a free night award. You do not have to have the same address, do not have to pay to have the points transferred, and are not limited to joining just one “pool”. With this benefit, you can share up to 500,000 points per year per account. It is actually an excelled benefit that many other hotel programs either do not allow or have strict guidelines around.
How to Pool Points
Hilton has made the process of pooling your points quite easy as it can be done all online.
- Go to the Hilton pooling site and enter the people you’d like to invite to your pool. Remember, you can invite up to 10 people.
- The person you are trying to pool your points with will receive an email letting them know that they’ve been invited to your pool.
- The recipient will click the “pool your points” option and be taken to the transfer points website. From there, they will decide how many points they want to transfer from their account into the pool. Remember, up to 500,000 points can be transferred per calendar year. And you can keep on adding to the pool throughout the year, it is not a one time thing.
There are many benefits to being able to pool your points, such as:
- If you are planning on a trip with a friend or family member, you can pull points from both accounts vs. trying to figure out the value of the points to pay your friend if you can only redeem points form one account.
- It allows you to easily gift points to a friend of family member if you so desire. This comes in handy if you are trying to trade points with someone or give someone points for a special occasion.
- If you do not have enough points for a free night award, you can borrow points from someone else and pay them back once you earn enough points in your account.
As shown above, pooling your points is incredibly easily, but you must have had an active Hilton account for at least 30 days and at least 1,000 points in your account.