This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Last week I wrote about an awesome promotion that was coming to an end. The travel site Upside was offering free Bose headphone if you spend $600+ on your next business trip through the site (new customers only). While this promotion was set to expire on March 15th, it has been extended a few more weeks! For those of you who did not have an opportunity to take advantage of this offer and are looking to book a trip within the next few weeks, you still have time! Just book by March 31st. Or you can select another offer if you already have Bose headphones.
For those not aware, Upside will save you and your company money on travel packages while also receiving rewards every time you book! I personally used Upside this past Fall and had a great experience. Their site is very user friendly and the customer service you receive is phenomenal. You can read more about my experience here.
Promotion #1: Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II – THIS PROMOTION IS ENDING SOON!
This promotion was available this past Fall, but has been extended! Similar to the first promotion, you must book a $600 travel package to receive these headphones. These headphones typically cost somewhere between $199-$229, so a great value for booking a travel package you’d be booking anyways!
New customers looking to take advantage of this promotion can book here and use promo code BOSEDEALSWELIKE. This promotion expires March 31, 2018.
Promotion #2: Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker II
This is a brand new promotion where you can receive a free Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker II (either in Black or Blue) after you book a $600 travel package. This speakers retail for about $129 and are pretty awesome.
New customers looking to take advantage of this promotion can book here and use promo code SPEAKERDEALSWELIKE. This promotion expires April 6, 2018.
Promotion #3: $100 Gift Card
If you are not into Bose products or already have some amazing speakers and headsets, you can instead use the promotion where you’ll receive a $100 gift card instead. You can redeem your git cards for many merchants (i.e., Amazon, Target, Home Depot, Whole Foods, Nordstrom, Gap, etc.) and I consider Amazon gift cards the same as cash since I shop there quite often!
New customers looking to take advantage of this promotion can book here and use promo code DEALSWELIKE. This is an ongoing promotion with no set expiration date.
This offer is for first timers, so if you’ve taken advantage of a new member promo with Upside in the past, you unfortunately are not eligible for the offer. Also, your flight or travel package must be $600 or more. If the flight you are looking to purchase is slightly LESS then $600, you can purchase a package deal and add on Uber credits to get to the $600 minimum. You can also book a hotel (or a hotel package).
- Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II: Use promo code BOSEDEALSWELIKEand this link
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speakers II: Use promo code SPEAKERDEALSWELIKE and this link
- $100 gift card: Use promo code DEALSWELIKE and this link
I found booking through Upside to be extremely easy. The interface is very user friendly and makes the booking process seamless. From what I saw, flights are also the exact same price as if you were to book them directly through the airline, so you might as well get a kick back! Although I was told from Upside that there might some routes where you are able to receive special pricing due to partner agreements, so there is the chance you could actually save some money as well! While I haven’t personally searched through their partner hotels, Upside does have some partner pricing at some participating properties, so you might actually find a better price for your hotel stay. Also, Upside has special agreements with some partners which will allow you to earn points at their property even though you are booking through a third-party site – look for those marked with “plus points”.
While Upside has enhanced their service immensely since they first launched, there are some limitations which I want you to know about:
- You cannot book a flight on Southwest and some routes on Delta will not display. They are working hard on this!
- Currently, all trips must originate in the United States, including US territories. Upside is working on expanding their service.
- If you are looking to book a package deal with Uber, you can only purchase the Uber certificates in the following increments: $50, $100, $200, and $300. Not only that, they come in $25 credits so if your Uber only ends up costing $7, for example, it will use the entire credit, you will not receive the difference to use on another ride. If you are traveling to a place that does not have Uber, Upside will credit you the price you paid for those Uber certificates.
- United doesn’t allow qualifying dollars to be earned on tickets purchased through Upside (or any other third-party booking site). Although you WILL receive elite qualifying dollars with American. Upside is trying to work with United on this.
- You will not receive the airline benefits from using your airline co-branded credit card when you are required to use that credit card to book the flight. You will, however, receive all status benefits if you have status with a particular airline.
One good thing to know is that Upside codes as “Travel” on your credit card statement, so if you use a credit card that gives you bonus points for Travel, you’ll receive those points as if you booked with the airline directly!
Overall, this is a great opportunity to save some money on a flight you are looking to book!
Disclosure: These are my personal referral links where I will receive a gift card for readers who book a flight or travel package through my link.