Yesterday I wrote about the new amazing offer for the Chase Ink Business Cash credit card. It is their best ever publicly available offer and one I highly suggest looking into. It is a no annual fee credit card and earns valuable Chase Ultimate Reward points. Since this is a card that isn’t talked about as often, I received many questions on whether or not individuals were eligible for the sign up offer. You can learn more about the details of this offer and more about the card benefits here.
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card: Earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Reward points after you spend $3,000 on the card within the first 3 months. No annual fee! Learn more
Are you eligible for the sign up offer?
Here is a list of Q&A’s that should help determine whether or not you are eligible for the sign up offer. Unless you’ve been approved for 5 or more personal credit cards in the past 24 months, the chances are that you are eligible!
- If I currently have this card, am I eligible? This offer is only available to those that are not a current cardmember and who have not received a sign up offer for this card in the past 24 months.
- If I have another Chase Ultimate Rewards credit card, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Preferred, Chase Ink Bold, etc. am I eligible for the sign up offer? Yes!! This is it’s own separate product. If you currently have or used to have another Chase Ultimate Rewards card you are still eligible for the sign up bonus for the Chase Ink Business Cash card.
- Is this card subject to Chase’s “5/24” rule? Unfortunately yes. If you have been approved for 5 or more cards that show up on your personal credit report in the past 24 months, Chase will automatically deny you for this card.
- If I am trying to stay under Chase’s “5/24” will applying for this card hurt me? No! Since it is a business credit card, this card will not count against you for trying to stay under 5 approvals. This is one reason why I love applying for business credit cards!
- If I just recently applied for another Chase credit card, will Chase still approve me for this card? Chase typically only allows you to be approved for 2 Chase cards every 30 days. So if you’ve only applied for 1 in the past 30 days, you are good!
- If I already have this card under one business, can I apply as well for another business I have? To be honest, I am not 100% sure. In the past, the answer used to be yes! But I have not had any personal experience in the past 2 years nor can I find many success stories. I am doing some investigating and will make sure to get back to you all on this!
- If I do not have a registered business with an EIN can I still apply? Chase has definitely been more strict recently with approving folks for business credit cards. With that being said, it is definitely possible and I would still apply regardless! You could just be starting a business, already have a very small business where you sell stuff online, getting into real estate, really anything could be considered a small business! You just want to use your Social Security number during the application process. With business applications though there is a really good chance that your application will go into a pending status and you’ll have to call the reconsideration line to be considered for approval.
Feel free to comment below with any more questions and any personal experiences you have with applying for this card!