This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Amex Offers is running an awesome promotion where if you purchase a $100 or more Hilton gift card, you’ll receive a $20 statement credit. This comes out to 20% off the gift card purchase! This offer is available on all my American Express cards so it seems to be highly available for everyone! This also means that you should be able to take advantage of this promotion multiple times if you have more then one Amex card. This offer expires August 31, 2018.
Unfortunately though, there is a fee of $1.95 for shipping. In the past there have been promo codes for free shipping, but I do not see any currently available. Not only though, I actually no longer even see a place in the checkout page to enter a promo code so they might have taken away that possibility anyways. While paying a fee is annoying, you are still coming out way ahead. Ultimately you are paying $81.95 for your $100 gift card which comes out to a 18.05% discount. And if you have multiple eligible Amex cards it doesn’t look like there is anyway to split payment for a higher gift card purchase, so you’ll have to pay the shipping fee for every gift card purchased. Still a great deal though! Do keep in mind that if you try to use a Hilton gift card in an international location that charges you in their currency, you will not get as great of an exchange rate.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Hilton Gift Card offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards so make sure to do the multi-browser trick to learn how to register multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Purchase a $100+ gift card at http://buyhiltongiftcards.com/ and receive a $20 statement credit.
I recommend enrolling sooner than later to ensure it does not reach maximum capacity.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!