This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A pretty awesome Amex Offer just popped up where you can receive a $60 statement credit with a $300+ purchase at any Starwood hotel within the US and US Territories. The best part of this promotion is that it is not limited to just one chain under the Starwood umbrella, all hotels that rollup to Starwood are included – this includes Westin, W Hotels, Sheraton, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Le Meridien, element, aloft, Four Points, etc. It does, however, exclude Design Hotels.
Unfortunately though this seems to be a targeted offer as I only have it on half of my cards. Although last year when this same offer appeared a few weeks later it popped up again on every single card, so hopefully it will do the same again this time. If you do see this offer on multiple American Express cards, make sure to use the multi-browser trick to save it on every single card you have. I also suggest saving this offer soon then later before it hits maximum enrollment.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the SPG offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards so make sure to do the multi-browser trick to learn how to register multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Spend $300+ at a Starwood hotel with your registered Amex card – your total bill must be at least $300 which can include all room charges, incidentals, tax, etc. The transaction must hit your credit card by September 4, 2018!
With this offer, my family will receive at least $240 in statement credits total on hotels already booked! And even if you are staying at a Starwood hotel on points, all extra charges that are put on your room could qualify for the statement credit. Your final bill just needs to be $300 or more. And if you have a fairly large bill, you can split payment amongst multiple registered cards to receive the statement credit more then once! I recommend enrolling sooner than later to ensure it does not reach maximum capacity.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Enjoy your discounted Starwood stay!