This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
American Airlines recently launched an offer where you can earn up to 5,000 bonus miles. There are 5 different “tasks” and the more you complete, the more miles you earn! This promotion ends September 30, 2018.
5 Tasks Include:
- Make any purchase with the AAdvantage Shopping Portal – you can also combine with the 10x miles promotion!
- Make a purchase with AAdvantage Dining – there are many inexpensive places probably close to where you live
- Complete a stay through American’s hotel site – bookaahotels.com
- Complete a car rental through American’s car rental site – aa.com/cars
- Fly on an American Airlines marketed and operated flight – flights book through American but on operated on partner airlines, i.e., British Airways, Iberia, etc. will not count
Complete 1 task you’ll earn 50 bonus miles, complete 2 tasks you’ll earn 250 bonus miles, complete 3 tasks you’ll earn 1,000 bonus miles, complete 4 tasks you’ll earn 2,500 bonus miles, and if you are able to complete all 5 tasks you’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles!
Completing task #1 and #2 should be easy and if you fly often you should be able to complete task #5 as well. Task #3 and #4 are the challenging ones, but you might be able to find a low cost hotel and car rental for your needs. Even if you can only complete 1 task that will still count as keeping your miles active.
You’ll need to register for this promotion by signing into your AAdvantage account and heading to the “Promotions” page.
Then find the “AAdvantage 5K Challenge for 5K miles” and click the registration details. At the bottom of the promotion details you’ll find the registration option.
This is a great promotion for those that are able to complete the required tasks. And for those that can only complete 1 or 2 of them still a way to increase your mileage balance little by little!