For awhile now, you’ve been able to use your American Express Membership Reward points to pay for Amazon.com purchases. For every 1 point you redeem you get 1 cent off your purchase, definitely not a value I’d redeem my points at. BUT…. for a limited time, if you link your Membership Rewards account to your Amazon.com account you can get $20 off your purchase! There are three stipulations to this deal: 1) You must be targeted, 2) You must have an American Express credit card that earns Membership Reward points, and 3) you must spend $20 or more on items that are sold and shipped by Amazon. So if you meet requirements 1 and 2, spending $20 at Amazon.com to get $20 off is easy to do! I will take $20 FREE at Amazon.com any day! This promotion ends November 9, 2014.
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your eligible American Express Card to your Amazon.com account here.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $20 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card.
- On the payment page, select your Membership Rewards earning credit card that was just linked. Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP20AMR. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $20 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
I was able to see this promotion right away when I signed onto Amazon a few days ago. There was a banner ad icon for it. However, if you do not see it, you might as well go through the process and see if it goes through on the checkout page.
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $20 free at Amazon!