There are hardly any Hyatt properties in the Caribbean and up until now none in the Bahamas. Well, the long waiting Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar is set to open Spring 2015. This hotel on Cable Beach will feature 707 rooms and the amenities are supposed to be top notch. This hotel could possibly trump the Atlantis from what I’ve heard. There is a beach, casino, spa, restaurants, bars, and lounges. From the pictures it looks absolutely beautiful!
These photos are taken directly from Hyatt’s website
Currently it is listed as a category 4 hotel which is AMAZING! UPDATE: This hotel has already increased to a category 5 property. Over the winter time in peak season this will be a great deal. Of course, if you are looking to go in September, October, November, you will probably be able to score an inexpensive night. You can actually now make a reservation for stays June 1, 2015 and beyond. UPDATE: The opening date has been postponed to August 1, 2105. Of course Hyatt only allows you to book 12 months in advance online, but if you call reservations you can typically make a reservation up to 13 months away. This might be a place to put on your list for Winter 2015/2016.
The cheapest rate I could find was the advanced purchase rate of $277 for next June. Of course if you want to visit September, October, or November 2016 that is when you can find much cheaper rates. Currently for around $170/night. It does look like many corporate rates match the advanced purchase rate, but allow you the flexibility to cancel if need be.
I would not be surprised though if at some point it goes up a category, but fingers crossed it doesn’t. The great thing about it being a category 4 hotel is that you can use your annual free night certificate if you have the Hyatt credit card!
The hotel states it will have:
- 707 rooms including 85 residences & 17 suites
- Situated on 3,000 feet of white sandy beach
- 1,2,3 Bedroom Residences
- Grand Club Lounge & accomodations
- ‘Royal Blue’ Jack Nicklaus Signature 18-hole Golf Course
- Steps from the largest state-of-the-art casino in the Caribbean
- business center with administrative services
- More than 30 luxury retail experiences
- Variety of swimming pools and a Beach Sanctuary filled with local species of birds, fish & more!
- The resort will hold the largest collection of Bahamian art in the country as well as a gallery where local artists will be at work
- ‘The Racquet Club’, a world-class tennis facility with a choice of clay, hard and grass surface courts
- Children’s concierge & nanny services
- 2 Spa’s: ESPA at Baha Mar and Sense, a Rosewood Spa
- 200,000 sq ft of flexible indoor & outdoor meeting/event spaces
- 82,000 sq ft Convention, Arts & Entertainment Center: three ballrooms & 16 breakouts
I am personally very excited to visit this hotel and will most likely be making a reservation for Winter 2016 once the booking window opens.