UPDATE: This offer has expired.
The SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express has increased their new member offer again where you can earn up to $500 cash back! This card also has no annual fee! I personally got this card a year ago with the exact same offer, but only met the minimum spend to earn the $250 statement credit – I still felt like this was a great offer with just earning half of the bonus offer. A love no annual fee American Express credit cards due to earning cash back with Amex Offers. And this card has some high category bonuses as well.
- SimplyCash Plus® Business Credit Card from American Express: Special offer: Earn up to $500 cash back
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card membership. *Terms and limitations apply.
Earning points with this card…
You’ll still earn points in the following manner:
- 5% cash back at US office supply stores and wireless phone services purchased directly from U.S. wireless providers.
- 3% cash back at a category of your choice. Select one of the following:
- Airfare purchased from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 1% cash back on all other purchases and after you hit the spend threshold on the bonus categories
With this card you are capped at earning the 5% and 3% cash back on purchases up to $50,000 per calendar year, which is a very generous cap in my opinion. The cap is on a yearly basis and after that you earn 1% cash back on on those category purchases.
- Access to the American Express OPEN Savings program. I wrote about this more here, but essentially you can get 5% as a statement credit at participating merchants, i.e., Hertz. There are stipulations to each program, so make sure to look at the prior post about the certain caveats. If you were to rent Hertz card often, for example, and selected the 3% cash back on car rentals, this would end up giving you 8% cash back.
- Receive statement credits with Amex Offers. Since this is an American Express credit card, you’ll be eligible to take advantage of more American Express offers. This means you can earn statement credits at many popular merchants with a credit card that doesn’t have an annual fee! If you partake in these offers then you are already ahead! I am personally able to earn thousands of dollars back a year with all my cards combined!
This is a great cash back offer for a no annual fee credit card! Typically credit card offers that give you money in your pocket (instead of points/miles) and do not come with a yearly charge have a far less bonus. With that being spend, the minimum spend to earn the points is high, but you do have a good portion of the year to hit the threshold. If you are in the market for a no annual fee cash back card with a nice welcome bonus, I highly recommend this card. It also does give you a nice return on some common purchases based on the category you select. Also, this card DOES NOT go against Chase’s “5/24” rule since it is a business card. None of American Express business cards currently count against Chase’s “5/24” rule.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!