A new Amex Offer just appeared in my account where you can essentially get 20% off your first $100 spent on a hotel reservation at Jetsetter.com. This new offer will give you a $20 statement when you spend $100 or more on a registered American Express credit card through June 30, 2015. The great thing about this offer is that it is available via Twitter so everyone is eligible. Not only that, you can register as many American Express credit cards that you have and take advantage multiple times!
Key point: The $100 charge can include any taxes and fees. American Express only cares that a single transaction of $100 is charged to your card!
- Sync every American Express credit card you have with Twitter. If you have not already done this, follow the directions outlined in this previous blog post.
- Tweet #AmexJetsetter from EVERY twitter account. I personally use TweetDeck to simplify my life as I am able to just send off one tweet and it registers all my accounts! This will register you for the Amex Sam’s Club promotion. Just make sure you receive the confirmation tweet back from @AmexOffers.
- Make your $100+ hotel reservation at Jetsetter by July 30, 2015.
- or, you can register from your AmericanExpress.com account, you’ll just have to use the multi-browser trick to register multiple cards.
If you have multiple Amex cards, you will need to sync them to different Twitter accounts. Example: Let’s say you are looking to stay at a $100/night hotel for 3 nights. If the particular hotel allows it and the nightly rate is the same, you can book three separate one night reservations all with a different synced American Express card. This will allow you to get a $20 statement credit back on all three nights. I am not yet sure if purchasing a $100 Jetsetter gift card counts, but if I hear of any successful reports, I will be sure to share! Or, if you have any success (or had success in the past when this promotion was available last Summer, please share)
Remember, these FREE money promotions are just for American Express credit card holders. Almost all Amex cards are eligible, including authorized users! Personal and business cards are eligible, as well as Serve and Bluebird. Only corporate cards prepaid cards, and Target REDCard will not work.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can also check all current American Express statement credit offers here.
Disclosure: This post contains my Jetsetter referral link. Feel free to leave your link in the comments section as well!