If you’ve been following this blog for awhile you are probably already well aware that I LOVE the Amex Offers promotions! Yes, while many offers are on the lower end only allowing you to receive a $10 statement credit, $10 here and there over the course of the year can really add up!
Over the past few years, I’ve actually “made” money just by having an American Express credit card. American Express has run some amazing promotions where in total I’ve received well over $1,000 back in statement credits. This has included statement credits at Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, Lowe’s, Panera Bread, Costco, BP, Crate and Barrel, iTunes, etc. This has paid for the yearly fee of all my American Express credit cards over the past few years, while also putting additional cash in my pocket! Just another great perk of these credit cards!
Clearly American Express does not just give away money, so these promotions do take some effort, but are totally worth it. Because of these statement credits, I’ve actually kept some Amex cards that I would have potentially canceled otherwise. It has also motivated me to open a few other Amex cards that I might not have as the annual fee wasn’t worth it for me.
Overall, these promotions run by American Express are definitely something to take into consideration when applying for a new credit card and weighing out the pros/cons. Most people just look at the sign on bonus, the program itself, and some other perks (waived baggage fees, car insurance, etc.), but these additional statement credit promotions should not be overlooked. Also, while Amex Sync are the primarily promotions right now, Amex has had many other promotions over the past few years that you can only take advantage of by having one of their cards – i.e., Small Business Saturday, Mix-n-Match Promotion, Gift Chain Promotion, etc.
So which cards qualify for these Amex Offer and other Amex promotions? Overall, almost ALL American Express cards qualify – personal and business cards! The only cards that do NOT qualify are corporate cards and prepaid cards. Also, authorized user cards count! So let’s say you have two authorized users on a particular card, you can get the statement credits on all three cards even though you are only paying the annual fee for one card!
Sample points/miles credit cards:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- American Express Business Gold Card
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
Depending on how the promotion is set up, you can possibly receive the statement credit on all of your American Express cards. If the offer is available via a twitter hashtag, ALL cards are eligible (read the “Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter” post). If it is only available via your AmericanExpress.com account, you might be able to register more then one card depending on how many of your cards were targeted for the promotion (read the “Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com” post).
If you have multiple Amex cards, you will need to sync them to different accounts. To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!