This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Although this promotion came out last Fall prior to me starting this blog, it is a decent credit card offer, so I figured I’d include it in my travel site. Last fall Hyatt Hotels partnered with Chase to offer a new credit card offering 2 free nights for new card members. Prior to this there was no Hyatt Hotel credit card, so this is definitely a great advantage for Hyatt loyal customers (unfortunately it came out right after I ended my two years staying at primarily Hyatt hotels!). This card comes with a $75 annual fee (although waived the first year) and high APR’s (like most mile/point earning credit cards). Click here to open a Hyatt credit card.
Benefits of the Hyatt credit card:
- Automatic Platinum status (15% bonus points per stay, potential upgrades, and more)
- 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent with your Hyatt Card at all Hyatt properties
- 2 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent on airfare and at restaurants
- 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent on purchases elsewhere
- No limit to the number of the points you can earn (which some other hotel/airline cards have)
2 Night Free Terms & Conditions:
- Two free nights after you spend $1,000 in the first three months
- Free night awards are valid for use on any available standard room at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide
- Free nights expire one year from hitting your account
- Free night awards are not transferable
- Free nights will post to your account within 10 days of meeting the minimum spend requirement
After staying at Hyatt’s quite often for the past two years, it has become my favorite hotel chain and points program. With Hyatt you earn 5 points/$1 spent on hotel rooms. To redeem at a top-notch hotel you will need to use 30,000 points, although there are many great hotels at the 15,000 point level. The earning/redemption ratio is MUCH better than Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood. However, Hyatt does not have nearly as many hotels as the other hotel chains, especially globally. Additionally, Hyatt has the best customer service I have found thus far and their promotions are great!
Since the promotion is two free nights, the best redemption is using them at expensive hotels, such as: Park Hyatt Vendome, Park Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. Currently, my favorite Hyatt hotel is the Grand Hyatt Kauai.