This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is a quick reminder for those that have the Chase Freedom credit card to activate the Q2 (April, May, and June) 5x point categories at Restaurants, Bed Bath & Beyond, H&M, and Overstock.com. Although you have until the end of the month to get your 5x points up to $1,500, you only have until today (June 14th) to activate. You will get the points for all prior purchases as well, not to worry. If you have not maxed out the $1,500 maximum yet and do not believe you will do so by the end of the year, think about purchasing gift cards to your favorite restaurants or other merchant gift cards at BB&B.
Also remember, for a limited time until June 24, 2015, the Chase Freedom has a double points sign up offer! You can read more about this no annual fee offer here.
- Key Link: Chase Freedom – Earn 20,000 points after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Additionally, earn 2,500 bonus points after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within the same 3-month period. No annual fee.
The upcoming quarterly 5x bonuses for 2015 include:
- Q3: July-September (Gas stations)
- Q4: October-December (Amazon.com)
Remember, the 5% cash back is on purchases up to $1,500 total for the quarter for all included categories. So the most you can receive is 7,500 Chase Ultimate Reward points (or at a bare minimum $75 cash back). You can also read this prior post to fully understand the confusion some have with points vs. cash back when it comes to the Chase Freedom card.
Also remember, points earned through the Chase Freedom credit card are NOT transferable to partner airline/hotel programs. However, if you have another Chase Ultimate Rewards card with this transfer option (Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus), then you can transfer your your points from your Chase Freedom account to your other Chase Ultimate Reward account.
If you are new to the Chase Freedom card or the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, read this prior blog series to learn more:
- Introduction to Chase Ultimate Rewards Program
- Maximizing Chase Ultimate Rewards with Chase Freedom
- Downgrading your Chase Ultimate Rewards Card to Avoid the Annual Fee
- Best Redemption for Chase Ultimate Reward Points – Hotel Stays
- Best Redemption for Chase Ultimate Reward Points – Air Travel
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Chase Sapphire
- Chase Ultimate Rewards: Sapphire Preferred vs. Ink Bold
- Top 10 Chase Ultimate Reward Questions
DO NOT FORGET TO ACTIVATE!!!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I will only list the best credit card offers as my goal is for you to travel on a deal!