This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Back in July, JetBlue announced a very generous promotion to allow their members an easier way to earn JetBlue Mosaic status. Unfortunately, registration is over. You can earn status via one of these two methods:
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Challenge – Earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points within 90 days and you’ll qualify for Mosaic status through December 31, 2018! You have until August 14, 2017 to request the challenge, so make sure you strategically plan out when you’ll start the challenge as you have 90 days from that particular date. With that being said, it could take JetBlue a few days to acknowledge your request and update your account and only flights taken once you are registered will count.
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Match – If you already have status on another airline, you will get automatic Mosaic status through the rest of 2017. Current status includes:
- Alaska Airlines: Mileage PlanTM MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75k
- American Airlines: AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, or Executive Platinum
- Delta: SkyMiles Medallion Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Diamond
- Southwest: Rapid Rewards A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United: MileagePlus Premier Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Premier1K
- Virgin America: Elevate Silver or Gold
A few days ago, a reader commented on the original blog post asking if you receive the 15,000 bonus points for earning Mosaic status. In general, if you earn Mosaic status, you always earn 15,000 bonus JetBlue points which is awesome. However, sometimes rules are slightly different if you earn the status through an easier method. While my first response to the reader was “You absolutely earn the bonus points if you earn status through the challenge, but not the match. But, I’ll double check with JetBlue.” So I reached out to JetBlue via Twitter and received the official answer, which matched exactly what I believed was correct.
My question to them:
Their response in regards to the bonus points for the status match:
Their response in regards to the bonus points for the status challenge:Apparently, many folks who have already received Mosaic status through the status challenge have not yet received their bonus points (ht: Doctor of Credit). So there are two reasons for that, in my opinion – the points either take some time to post, or the JetBlue system is not set up to award the bonus points when earned through the challenge and you’ll have to reach out to JetBlue to get the points to be manually entered on your account. If you’ve already reached Mosaic status through the challenge (NOT the match), I’d give it some time to get the points awarded and if you do not see them within a few weeks definitely reach out to JetBlue.
Feel free to comment below with your experience.