Amazon Prime Day is here and will officially start at 3pm ET. It will run for a full 36 hours (the longest Prime Day yet) and is slated to be bigger and better then Black Friday sales. While I do not know the entire list of deals just yet, we’ve already seem some amazing deals that started early: Kindle E-Reader for only $9.99 and Up to 50% off Amazon Devices. Regardless of what you are planning on purchasing, here are some ways to fully maximizing your savings! You can access the Amazon Prime Day page here.
1. You must be a Prime Member to shop the Prime Day deals.
Amazon Prime membership is not cheap. At $119/year you must shop at Amazon A LOT to make it worthwhile. But there are ways to get it significantly cheaper!
- If you do not have a prime membership, sign up for a free trial now! It will give you 30 days of free prime access.
- Or, if you have a student e-mail address, you can get a Student Amazon Prime membership for half price or a free 6-month trial membership.
2. Get $10 for Free by Shopping at Whole Foods
Go spend $10 at Whole Foods and you’ll receive $10 to use at Amazon during Prime Day! Just make sure to spend the $10 in a single transaction and scan your Whole Foods app account or enter your mobile number during checkout. You just have to shop by at Whole Foods by July 17th as the code only lasts through the end of Prime Day. You can learn more about this promotion here.
3. Get $10 for Free by Using the Amazon App & Receive Deal Notifications
If you’ve never used the Amazon app before, you can get $10 for free! All you have to do is download the app, sign up, and you’ll receive $10 off your $20 purchase. You can check to see if you are eligible for this offer here.
The Amazon app will also give you a head start on many upcoming deals. Within the app you are able to add any desired items to your list and supposedly once Prime Day starts you’ll receive push notifications to your phone of any deals.
4. Get $5 for Free by Downloading Amazon Assistant & Get Instant Information
Add the Amazon Assistant browser extension and you’ll receive $5 off your $25 purchase. This will give you instant notifications on deals you are watching go live! You can add the the browser here.
5. Save Money by Taking Advantage of the Amazon American Express Membership Reward Offers
If you have an Membership Reward earning American Express credit card, there is a good chance that you are eligible for at least one (if not more) of these promotions:
- Promotion #1: 20% off at Amazon, up to $100: If you have an American Express Membership Rewards earning card, all you have to do is apply 1 Membership Reward point to your order and you’ll receive 20% off! Just make sure to link your card and activate the promotion. This maximum off is $100 which is amazing! You can use this promotion to purchase most items from Amazon (including Prime Day deals) or even third-party gift cards (some gift cards include: AirBnB, GAP, Lowe’s, Nordstrom, Olive Garden, Sephora, Southwest Airlines, Starbucks, Uber, Ulta Beauty, Whole Foods, Lyft, etc. You can search for all merchant gift cards here). I personally was able to take advantage of this offer twice in a single account, so you might even be able to save more then you expect!
- Promotion #2: Spend $60 at Amazon, Get $30 Off: This is a similar promotion as the one above where if you use just 1 Membership Reward point towards your Amazon purchase, you’ll receive $30 off a $60+ purchase. This promotion is definitely more targeted then the above, but if you are eligible for it, it can be combined with the above offer! So just use 1 point and receive both 20% and $30 off! Again, you can purchase a third-party gift card! Just check and see if you are eligible here and make sure to activate the promotion.
- Promotion #3: Spend $50 at Amazon, Get 2,000 Membership Reward Points: In early July, an Amex Offer appeared where if you spend $50+ at Amazon, you’ll get , 2,000 Membership Reward points (there might also be offers available for a $20 statement credit, but I am not sure). So while you will not save money immediately after your purchase, you’ll receive the bonus points in your credit card account which you can then use as you wish. Unfortunately though, this offer seems to be extremely targeted! Just make sure to add this offer to your American Express credit card and use that card as your form of payment (and you can combine with the two offers from above as well!).
I will be sure to share any additional money saving tips and deals throughout the next two days! I suggest following me on Twitter to get the most up to date information as well! Fingers crossed for some good deals that we can all take advantage of!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.