This morning American Express came out with a great offer where you can get a $50 statement credit with a $250+ purchase with Virgin America. Unfortunately though, this offer is not available via Twitter so you will need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible.
This promotion is valid for transactions between December 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015. That means the charge must hit your credit card between these dates to trigger the statement credit. That DOES NOT mean you must fly between those dates. The flight date doesn’t matter, just the date the transaction hits your credit card – which is typically the day you book your flight or sometimes the day after. This also means that your total airfare must be at least $250 which can include all taxes and fees. It does not matter the number of passengers, if it is one-way or roundtrip, just as long as the total is $250. And if you were targeted on multiple accounts, you can maximize this offer by booking two one-ways with two different registered cards (assuming both one ways are $250 or more).
You must book your flight directly with Virgin America to trigger the statement credit. Third party bookings via expedia.com, orbitz.com, etc. will not qualify.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your American Express account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Search for the Virgin America offer and “Save” the offer to your card. If you were targeted on multiple cards make sure to read these directions first to learn more about saving the offer to more than one card. DO NOT save the offer before reading this post!
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!