Amazon has been on quite a roll this week with offering a discounted gift cards. A ton of new ones were just added as part of their Daily Deals where you can get up to a 20% discount at many popular merchants. This is perfect timing if you are still picking up some last minute holiday gifts! While Amazon runs some great sales often, being able to get gift cards at a discount is my favorite.
You can always bookmark this page and make it part of your morning routine to see if there are any new gift cards on sale at the moment.
Current Amazon Third-Party Merchant Gift Cards:
- Starbucks: Buy at least $30 of gift cards, receive a $5 Amazon promo credit.
- iTunes: $7.50 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code ITUNESSAVE.
- Domino’s: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code PIZZA.
- ULTA Beauty: $7.50 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code ULTA.
- Famous Footwear: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code FAMOUS.
- Grubhub: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code GRUBHUB.
- Chii’s / On the Border / Maggiano’s: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code BRINKER.
- Fandango: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code MOVIES.
- Panera: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code PANERA.
- Firehouse Subs: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code SUBS.
- L.L. Bean: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code LLBEAN.
- Build-a-Bear: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code BEAR.
- Steak ‘n Shake: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code STEAK.
- Petco: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code PETCO.
- Children’s Place: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code KIDSCLOTHES.
- Happy Eats: $7.50 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code HAPPYEATS.
- Door Dash: $5 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code DOORDASH.
- Bob Evans Restaurant: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code BOBEVANS.
- Zeel: $10 off a $50 gift card. Coupon code ZEEL.
There are a few different types of gift card discounts through Amazon. Some require a coupon code, some are available first thing in the morning (and throughout the day until they sell out), and others are lighting sales that do not go on sale until a set time (Prime members receive access to these 30 minutes prior). Typically, the lighting sale offers go quick, but the rest of them are usually available throughout the day, although no guarantee.
Maximize your gift card purchase
While getting a good deal to begin with is great, you can even further maximize your purchase. One secret about purchasing third-party gift cards through Amazon is that you can use an Amazon gift card as your payment method. There are many ways to purchase Amazon gift cards at a discount, or earn points and miles.
Many office supply stores, such as Staples, sells Amazon gift cards in almost ever denomination. If you use your Chase Ink Cash credit card, which earns 5x points at office supply stores, a $50 Amazon gift card will earn you 2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points. So not are you only receiving a discount on the third-party gift card, you are also earning valuable points and miles.
Or, you can also take advantage in one of Amazon’s many gift card promotions to receive a straight discount on your Amazon gift card purchase. You can then turn around and immediately use that gift card on your third-party gift card purchase. A few Amazon gift card deals include:
- Purchase a $50 Gift Card and Receive a $10 Promotional Credit: Purchase a $50 Amazon gift card and receive a $10 promotion code. This is a targeted offer for purchases through Dec. 22, 2019. You can also enter code 19GIFTCARD during checkout to see if you are eligible.
- Purchase a $50 Gift Card and Receive a $5 Promotional Credit: If you purchase a $50 Amazon Gift Card and send it to the user via the text message option, you’ll receive a $5 promotional credit. This promotion also expires Dec. 22, 2019.
- Reload an Amazon Gift Card and Receive a $10 Promotional Credit: This must be your first time reloading your gift card and you must reload at least $100 in a single transaction to qualify for this promotion. This promotion ends Dec. 31, 2019.
Of course, there are some gift cards where you’ll never see a discount. For example, I’ve never seen any of their hotel or airline gift cards on sale, but I do see Airbnb and Hotels.com gift cards on sale quite often. Restaurant gift cards are on sale often, as well as movie theaters. While I do not like purchasing gift card for speculative purchases, I love if I was going to be making a purchase at that merchant anyways.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.